Monday, June 27, 2016

NATURE'S REMEDY

I have always sought solutions in nature believing that all that we need has been provided for us. When I feel an infection is coming on I take Echinacea. For kidney issues, saffron. Tight muscles, valerian and St. John's Wert. So when the bees and wasps took over my hummingbird feeders, I looked to nature for a solution.
Tucked among my flowers, I added Pitcher Plants. These bog plants supplement their diet with flying insects. They are attracted to them and then slip inside their tubular stems where they are digested by the plant.
Their little caps prevent escape and keep them from getting choked by too many insects. There are still some bees but I can sit outside without feeling as if I'm in imminent danger of getting stung. In this situation, nature's remedy is a carnivorous plant.


1 comment: