Wednesday, June 1, 2016

EXPLORING PA


This is my favorite way to explore my home state. It is impossible to pass on to a reader the experience of riding using pictures but I'll try if you'll indulge me.
As we cruise along the open road, the sun warms my skin even while the moving air cools me. I smell the smoke of many barbeques preparing for family picnics. It is Memorial Day weekend and there are many of these. During the various seasons, I enjoy the aroma of flowers, freshly mown lawns, and even the occasional odor of fields being fertilized.







 Along the streams and in the woods, the temperature cools dramatically. The scent becomes one of pine needles and moss. I have seen deer peering out at us as we pass.




There are wonderful opportunities to stop, rest, reflect, and enjoy all that nature has to offer.







Such majestic views! These scenes from Hyner View really depict the majesty of Pennsylvania.
Protecting these natural resources is a big job.
Then it's back down to the valley again.
Parking is much easier to find on the bike when we go to our local small town parade.
                          In honor of those that protect us.
                            I hope you enjoyed your little ride along!








No comments:

Post a Comment