Tuesday, April 12, 2016

TIME

 It seems to me that we are obsessed with time.



It dictates our entire lives. Where we are, where we need to be.

 When waiting, it moves so slowly, dragging from minute to minute.
 Yet we race against time, always in a hurry to get to the next task.
 We drive ourselves 'cuckoo' when we spend our days watching the clock.
 It seems the whole world is on a timetable.
 The minutes and hours go so slowly.
 But the days and the weeks continue their steady flow.
The months and the years fly by. Looking back over my life, I wonder how it is possible that all of those times when time seemed to stand still, they happened years and even decades ago.


Those eighty hour work weeks I thought would never end...5 years ago.
9/11 and watching the towers fall...15 years ago.
Quitting drinking...25 years ago.
The birth of my child...nearly 40 years ago.

I'm finally learning to slow down, not be in such a hurry for change. Change will happen in its own time. I just need to appreciate all those moments in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment