Thursday, April 7, 2016

A Little Attention Goes a Long Way



This set of chairs were manufactured in the 1940's. The one on the left shows the condition that years of use had left them in. Although the fabric had been worn, the frames were still solid and sturdy. I was fortunate to find a fabric end that had exactly enough to recover all the chairs at a really cheap price. It was exactly what I was looking for....color and texture reminiscent of the original. Some new foam and some staples rebuilt the seats and some lemon oil restored the wood.
I seem to learn life lessons as I work on projects such as this one. I am much like these chairs. I've worked hard over the years and time has taken its toll on me as well. I still have my health and am far from frail but I needed to take the time to refresh myself and give myself some needed attention. I am happy to say that I have become my own do-it-yourself project!

No comments:

Post a Comment