Sunday, April 30, 2017

TAKING TURNS


Having decided to transform this old bathroom has led to the fulfillment of one of my dreams for this old house. For years I've been wishing for new flooring for the bathrooms and kitchen.
I've learned a lot as we've progressed. I've learned that teamwork often means taking turns rather than working side by side.
His turn... remove the washer and dryer, install new piping.
My turn... remove old floor tiles (those that were left).
His turn... remove the toilet and radiator and put down cement board.
My turn... paint the door frame and wash all the walls.
His turn... lay new tiles.
My turn... vacuum all the seams to remove the mortar he has scraped out in preparation for grouting.
His turn... seal the seams with grout.
My turn... with damp sponge and numerous buckets of water, clean the excess grout from the floor.
Our turn... Behold one new floor!
Of course the new toilet, shower, sink and closet need to be installed yet. The cleanup of the relocated 'stuff' needs to be done yet. I'm incredibly excited by what we have accomplished so far. Two old folk working parttime on a common cause are creating a beautiful space. I'm not in such a hurry for the rest of the floors now. It takes a lot of effort to make a dream come true!







No comments:

Post a Comment