Friday, May 12, 2017

COMMUNITY FUN

Sometimes big things start as small ideas.
I had said that I wanted to have a yard sale to purge the house of items that, while still good, we had no use for. Because I live in the country, I thought my only chance to get people to come out this way would to have my neighbors have yard sales the same weekend. Obviously, they would have things to get rid of too.
Most of the homes in my area have long, windy driveways. Soon what was to be a community style yard sale became a multi-family sale.


We really came together and found ourselves in the midst of true community. I think we did an impressive job of it.
Not only did we support one another....
the kids LOVED it!

They were chest deep in the cold creek (outside temp. 52 degrees) and having the time of their lives. Overheard: We built a bridge and it's safe..unless you fall in. They all fell in! That was a wet, hungry, tired bunch by day's end.



No comments:

Post a Comment