Friday, April 7, 2017

CONTINUING IMPROVEMENT

I have noticed how the work we do on this old home mirrors the work I do on myself. Home improvement/ self improvement have a great many similarities.
Progress is slow and oftentimes overwhelming. Sometimes you find hidden flaws that need to be corrected before work on the big picture can continue.
Patching and spackling drywall, is just part of the process. When you work as a team, progress can be steady but it requires cooperation and each provides their strengths to assist and supplement other's weaknesses.
On this project, I clean, organize and wield a paintbrush. He provides the muscle and a vast knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, and electrical skills. We share a vision of the end result.
Together we can move from the dark and dreary towards a lighter, easier life.
One step at a time, one day at a time, there is progress that encourages me to keep moving forward. All of the work has the added benefit of making me stronger and more patient as delays come up, knowing that the next day I can pick up where I left off.


No comments:

Post a Comment