Sunday, July 10, 2016

A MOST BLESSEDLY LUCKY DAY

There are some days that just seem to be a gift from God. Every day is a gift but some are extraordinarily special.
In the midst of a heat wave when the air is so thick it's hard to breathe, we decided to take a ferry ride. The air is so much cooler over the open waters and the breeze is so refreshing. As we were arriving, there was a line of cars pulling out, a sure sign that the ferry was unloading. Either we would just catch it or be left with considerable time to kill.
First of memorable moments of good fortune, we bought our tickets and were able to board the ferry immediately!
As we pulling away from port, I mentioned that I was hoping for the opportunity to see a dolphin. I had made this trip a few times and had never seen anything but water...lots of water.
Then it happened, they announced a dolphin sighting on the right side of the ship. I ran over and saw my first dolphin! Then, they announced that there was a large pod of dolphin in front of the ship. Sure enough, everywhere we looked there were three to seven dolphins traveling together. Beside the boat, in front of the boat, off in the distance. We saw them all the way across to Cape May. There had been at least fifty dolphins that I saw. That was the second piece of incredible good fortune. I tried very hard to get pictures but unlike what you see on TV, dolphins break water to breathe, they weren't jumping out of the water. I finally gave up and simply marveled at what I was experiencing.
It was only through blessed luck that I have this picture, which I didn't discover until uploading my vacation photos when I arrived home.
When we got back to Lewes, we decided to sit and relax while traffic cleared. We had been standing on the ship for three hours and watching them load the cars is amazing to me.

The ferry can carry one hundred cars! There was even a loaded car carrier waiting to board.
Upon reaching our vehicle we discovered that we had lost a wallet! Could our luck hold out one more time? Sure enough, it hadn't been lost onboard but where we had sat watching the loading and it was still there!
It was certainly a blessedly lucky day!



No comments:

Post a Comment