Tuesday, May 3, 2016

SPRING!!!!

The time of year when life begins anew...the very thing that made me want to start this blog. This is the very first lilac blossom on Lady's Lilac. My most excellent neighbors had brought me a few shoots because they knew I so badly wanted a lilac bush. When my beloved Lady passed, I buried her there. What a blessing it is for me to see this!
 The cycle of life is evident all around me. Although the birds and I have had our issues, this little egg shell reminds me of how fragile, yet determined, life is.
This little guy was munching on the front lawn. When I approached he retreated to his home.....under the cement porch! He's a cutie and sure to be a torment to my pooch.



The young squirrels have already captured Mitzi's attention. She sits and stares up at them as they poke their heads out. The specks you see in the video are not raindrops but bees! They are seeking their summer home too. They were taking over the bird's home in the eave of the porch and are now attempting a coup at the squirrel's home. I am watching to see how that all plays out. Here's hoping that you'll take the time to get out and see all the signs of life around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment