Sunday, May 8, 2016

OLD FAMILY PICTURES

Living in this old house, I often wonder about those that built it. What were their lives like? America in the 1800's was so different than the world I grew up in. This picture offers a glimpse into that time. I found it on a disc of old family photos. What a treasure trove! I may not be able to identify who these people are but they are part of me, and where I came from.


 These are my grandparents celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. My grandfather passed before I was born and my memories of my grandmother were of her with Alzheimers but I love hearing the stories of times way past and the love that they had for one another.
 It is fun to look at the way that people dressed.
 Those old baby pictures are so adorable.
Every family has its characters. Triplets! In a time when infant mortality was high, to have a successful multiple birth was a true miracle. Especially as they were born on Christmas Eve!





I even have a spirited Indian girl in my family tree. (Pun intended) Her name was Nell...which if you've seen the movie, seems fitting to me. I wonder what young people will think of us 150 years from now. Will they look at our pictures for a glimpse into their past? What will they see? I hope they get as much pleasure from them as I have gotten from these. Where we came from, where we are going, the human experience continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment