Thursday, September 1, 2016

SASSY

I had mice. I also had dogs. I needed a cat. One with attitude. I found what I was looking for at my local shelter. This cat, which had been a stray that the shelter named 'Shipwreck', fit the bill precisely. She loves to catch mice. She also knows exactly how to put a dog in its place. She's fast and good at getting up out of reach.
I renamed her Sassy in celebration of her spirit. She never really got along with Lady and Jack used to 'put the run on her' whenever she got too close to his food dish. She would retaliate by blocking the stairs daring him to pass. She likes to hide and attack from nowhere which led to comical reactions from those two dogs.
She's much more companionable with Mitzi. She acts like a dog when we wander the property. She likes to bathe Mitzi's face although the dog looks slightly nervous because she is just as likely to bat her upside the head...depends on her mood.
She is still most definitely a cat though. Whichever side of the door she is on, it's the wrong side. She only wants on my lap if I'm reading or on the computer. She hollers for food while standing in front of a full dish. That chess piece that has sat there for a month suddenly needs to be chased all over the room. Yep, gotta love that Sassy cat!



No comments:

Post a Comment