Monday, July 17, 2017

WINGED FRIENDS

One might believe from my recent posts that I dislike winged creatures. Not true. I don't like them in my house. I love to listen to them singing. I really enjoy those that come to visit the trees near the porch. I have a hummingbird that stops by regularly, multitudes of robins and starlings. Last year I had a pair of cardinals that would wander out on the lower branches and watch me watching them.
Last night I had a new pair of visitors. They stayed for several hours.
These thrushes didn't really sing, they made more of a chirp/clicking sound. They seemed to be as curious about me as I was about them.
Even as I sit here sharing this picture with you, I can hear one of our local woodpeckers working over the fence post across the road.
It is peaceful here, but by no means silent.

No comments:

Post a Comment